Friday, March 4, 2011

A Day in the Life

A little insight into the day of a military wife, whose husband is deployed. First thing I do when I wake up is check my phone, then check my email, to make sure I haven't missed any contact with Clint. As I start my day my phone is attached to me..ALL DAY LONG. I have a picture of Clint at my station, so while I am at work I stop and stare at his picture multiple times a day.
I think about him all day every day. I wonder what he is doing. How he is sleeping. Is he happy? Did I send him enough food? Is he eating enough? Is he cold, or hot? Is he wet, or dry? How much time left until he comes home? And on those days you are extra worried and stressed you slap on a smile and fake it through the day.
Anytime my phone rings my heart skips a beat, hoping it is him calling. Every phone call is cherished, no matter how long. And every email is saved and savored. Whenever anyone talks about him my heart starts to flutter and I can't help but smile. As the day comes to an end, I have to fall asleep with the T.V. on. I also barricade pillows around me. I can't fall asleep until I reach the point of exhaustion, usually sometime after 1 a.m. Then 90 percent of nights I wake up at least 5 times throughout the night. Only to wake up and do it all again the next day. My world revolves around my husband.
I don't want this to be taken the wrong way. I am not complaining. We signed up for this and I support Clint 110 percent. I just want to remind everyone to remember how lucky you are, and don't take those you love for granted.
My husband is my hero!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing!!! To think I get to do that too for a few months...and with a child. YAY adventures. ;-) I hope you know that I look to your example of how you've handled Clint being gone, and it gives me hope that I can do it to while Andy is gone, so Thank You. Also thank your husband for his service as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete