Sunday, March 13, 2011

Freedom Isn't Free

I have always loved America and been very patriotic, but I don't think I ever truly appreciated my freedom until I fully understood the price of it.
There is the ultimate sacrifice...Giving your life for your country.
Some other major sacrifices...losing legs or arms due to I.E.D.'s, bullet wounds, amputations, etc.
And some smaller yet still important sacrifices...lonely nights, awful food, limited communication with loved ones, missing out on holidays and birthdays, no kisses, no hugs, and so many other little things taken for granted on a daily basis.
All of the men and women who are serving in our military, knew each and every one of those sacrifices when they willingly signed up to protect America's freedom.
So many people forget that there are still men and women out there fighting for them. Appreciate your freedom every single day, because it doesn't come for free.
Our warriors are the true heroes of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment